Prior to becoming a lawyer, Jeremy held positions of increasing responsibility in various financial roles within a Fortune 50 company. He also obtained his MBA and law degrees during that time. Upon graduating from law school, Jeremy worked as in-house Associate Counsel for one of the nation’s leading Energy Services Companies, managing the company’s day-to-day contractual, legal and compliance matters, reporting to the company’s General Counsel. There he spent the majority of his time handling construction-related legal matters arising out of the procurement and execution of design-build performance contracts and sustainable infrastructure projects for state, local and federal customers. Jeremy joined Manion Stigger in 2015 and has been handling a wide array of construction legal matters for the firm’s clients.
- Represented design-build contractor in mediation with a controls subcontractor after subcontractor was terminated from a construction project at a private university in Iowa.
- Represented renewable energy plant operator in dispute with landfill owner under a Landfill Gas Purchase Agreement.
- Assisted in prosecution of multi-million dollar claim for damages and extension of time on behalf of Design-Builder against a State Highway Administration.
- Represented general contractors after subcontractor was terminated from a private construction project in Arkansas.
- Conducted due diligence and prepared transaction documents for statutory merger of a client’s subsidiaries.
- Represented general contractors on projects plagued by subcontractor mechanic’s liens.
Washington University in St. Louis, M.B.A.
Saint Louis University, J.D.
United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association, Construction & Surety Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Forum on Construction Law
- Division II Public Contract Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Construction Litigation Subsection
- Volunteer Lawyer Program of Southwestern Indiana
- Rotary Club of Evansville