A significant portion of Bruce’s practice involves front-end claims avoidance, including effective contract drafting and negotiation, contract management and administration, project execution and dispute resolution.
- Successful jury trial for general contractor whereby concrete supplier was 100% liable for delaminated and weak concrete floor.
- Successfully argued before state Supreme Court which established new law permitting contractors to sue architects and engineers for Negligent Misrepresentation.
- Successfully argued before state Supreme Court which established new standard for termination for convenience in Kentucky.
- Successfully argued and achieved substantial settlement against developer who misappropriated construction loan proceeds and didn’t pay contractors.
- Successfully arbitrated default termination by owner against contractor/client whereby arbitrator found termination was wrongful and paid contractor for all work performed.
- Successfully represented surety in North Carolina arbitration initiated by general contractor who terminated subcontractor/principal for default. Termination was overturned and surety recovered all costs and attorney fees from general contractor.
- Successfully negotiated multi-million dollar delay and impact claim for contractor against city for jail building construction job.
- Successfully defended general contractor in federal court against subcontractor delay and impact claims.
Centre College, B.A.
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States Claims Court
United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- American Bar Association, Construction Forum
- Kentucky Bar Association, Construction Section
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc., Indiana/Kentucky Chapter