A.J. Manion is an attorney, a former construction project manager, and a licensed commercial contractor. A.J. is co-founder of Manion Stigger, LLP, a law practice devoted to representing and advising construction professionals. A.J.’s two decades’ experience includes prosecuting and defending nine-figure claims in a variety of construction contexts, drafting and negotiating hundreds of construction-related transactions, and working closely with clients to manage operational risk. A.J. brings to each task the combined lessons of an engineering education, MBA education, project management background, experiences as a trial attorney (jury trials, court trials, arbitrations and extensive appellate practice), and work as Law Clerk in the United States District Court. A.J. represents General Contractors, Construction Managers, Design-Builders and Subcontractors throughout the United States.
- Successfully prosecuted design defect claims and differing site condition claims in various jurisdictions involving state government, local government, industrial and commercial projects.
- Successfully defended construction defect claims in various jurisdictions involving state government, local government, industrial and commercial projects.
- Drafted and negotiated dozens of design-build agreements for multi-million dollar medical facilities and EPC agreements for material handling and other industrial facilities.
- Negotiated joint-venture agreements between diverse contractors for public, private and public-private partnership projects.
- Successfully prosecuted bid protests on public projects in various jurisdictions, including assembling group of competing contractors as plaintiff group to successfully protest illegal scheme to evade public bidding statutes through State Supreme Court.
- Successfully prosecuted multi-million dollar delay/disruption/productivity claims against state governments, power plants, industrial facilities and commercial developments.
- Represented contractors in OSHA proceedings in various jurisdictions including more than a dozen cases involving job-site fatalities.
- Conducted in-house risk analysis and training programs for General Contractors, Design-Builder and Specialty Contractor clients.
St. Louis University, J.D.
University of Southern Indiana, M.B.A.
OSHA 30 -Occupational Safety and Health Training Course in Construction Safety and Health
Certified Competent Climber and Rescuer, Comtrain USA
Supreme Court of Colorado
Supreme Court of Georgia
Supreme Court of Illinois
Supreme Court of Indiana
Supreme Court of Kentucky
Supreme Court of Montana
Supreme Court of Ohio
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Indiana State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Illinois State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Kentucky Bar Association, Construction & Public Contract Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Forum on Construction Law
- Division II Public Contract Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Construction Litigation Subsection
- Indiana Construction Association (AGC of Indiana), Southwest Construction Roundtable Advisory Board
- Associated General Contractors/Kentucky
- Associated General Contractors/Western Kentucky
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Kentuckiana, Owensboro Governing Council Member
- National Wireless Safety Alliance (NWSA) – Inaugural Board of Governors
- WNIN-Tri-State Public Media, Inc. – 2015 Member of the Board of Directors
- Charter Fellows of CLSA (Construction Lawyers Society of America)
- Member of DLI (Diversity Law Institute)
- Member of TLI (Trial Law Institute)
- Member is GEAPS (Grain Elevator and Processing Society)